Where : 32A Chadstone Road, Malvern East
When : 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of the month at 7.30PM
Who : Members, guests and of-course you
What : General Meeting
Welcome to Chadstone Oaks Toastmasters
We are a local community club of Toastmasters International focussed on developing public speaking and leadership skills. Our members are drawn from Chadstone, Malvern East, Oakleigh, Holmsglen, Huntingdale, Carnegie, Bentleigh, Murrumbeena, Ashburton, Glen Iris, Ashwood, Mount Waverley, and surrounding areas .
A Toastmasters Program can help you to:
- Increase your self-confidence
- Become a better speaker
- Become a better leader
- Communicate more effectively
How Does It Work?
- A Toastmasters meeting is a learn-by-doing workshop in which participants hone their speaking and leadership skills in a no-pressure atmosphere.
- There is no instructor in a Toastmasters meeting. Instead, members evaluate one another’s presentations. This feedback process is a key part of the program’s success. Meeting participants also give impromptu talks on assigned topics, conduct meetings and develop skills related to timekeeping, grammar and parliamentary procedure.
- Members learn communication skills by working in the Competent Communication manual, a series of 10 self-paced speaking assignments designed to instill a basic foundation in public speaking.
- Members also learn leadership skills by taking on various meeting roles and working in the Competent Leadership manual. In our learn-by-doing approach, we don’t lecture members about leadership skills; we give them responsibilities and mentoring to help. Then we ask them to lead.
We invite you to our next meeting
Contact us if you would like to come to our next meeting as a visitor. We would love to see you!